Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Book Review: Why am I Here?

Matthew Kelly's Why am I Here? is a sweet children's book that answers a big question in a simple yet profound way.  The story's main character is a young boy named Max.  In the story, Max wants to know why he is here.  It's a question just about all of us have asked at one point in time or another.  The answer Max gets is that he is here to become the best version of himself.

Throughout the story we see how Max works hard to become the best version of Max that he can be.  Children who are read this story will see that sometimes things that we do things that aren't the best versions of ourselves and we should try not to do those things.  Children will also learn that we're not here to try to be someone other than ourselves.

Overall, it's a very nice story with a message that will resonate with young children.

This review was written as part of the Catholic book reviewer program from The Catholic Company.  You can learn more about Why am I Here? by visiting The Catholic Company.  They are also a great source for a Catechism of the Catholic Church or a Catholic Bible.

1 comment:

  1. I just finished my review of this book & also liked it a lot. I thought the illustrations we a perfect fit for the story, too. My munchkins never saw me reading it, so it will make a very nice Christmas present for them.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...